Sausage With White Beans
This Dish is MADE by the grilling of the sausages. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it vital to the flavor.
For you Dawn's of the world, you can always use Chicken Sausage, or I guess, even Soy Sausage to lower the fat…but don't blame me for the crappy taste.
2 cans white beans, drained
8 ounces hot/jalapeno polish sausage, cut into rounds
4 ounces spicy beef sausage link, cut into rounds
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bunch basil sliced
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1. Grill the sausages, either whole or after cutting into rounds. The point is to get the great charred flavor of the grill into the sausages. This should take less than 5 minutes.
2. In a large saute pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat
3. Add the garlic cook stirring for about 1 minute
4. Add the beans, tomatoes and half the basil. Stir and cook for 1 minute
5. Add the grilled sausage, and Cook 1 minute
6. Add the remaining basil and stir constantly until well mixed and heated through
7. Serve, topping with parmesan cheese