Pasta With Spinach & Wine Sauce
1 pound fettuccine or similar pasta
4 ounces (about 5 slices) bacon
1 cup white wine
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ Red Onion, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound baby spinach leaves
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you really like it spicy)
½ cup pine nuts, toasted ahead of time under broiler (this takes 5 minutes, place pine nuts in a fry pan, put under broiler. toss occasionally so they don't burn.)
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Boil water in a large pan for fettuccine, add pasta when water is ready.
2. In a large pan, saute bacon over medium high heat until barely crispy. Remove bacon from pan.
3. Add the wine, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the shallot and garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add the spinach. Saute for 30-35 seconds, as spinach begins to wilt.
6. Add red pepper.
7. Add drained pasta noodles and toss.
8. Add pine nuts and toss
9. Serve, topping with parmesan cheese.