Attention all you health whackos... this dish is rich and delicious and loaded with fat, and it's supposed to be. The recipe below is NOT the traditional recipe for Alfredo, it's better, trust me. The old-style Italian way to serve this is simple, as listed below, but if you want to add vegetables, etc it will still work.
1 pound fettucine
¾ cup whipping cream
6 oz butter
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 eggs YOLKS only, beaten
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff, not the shit from the green can)
1. Boil water in a large pan and add fettucine.
2. In a separate large saucepan, slowly melt the butter over medium heat.
3. When the butter begins to bubble, add the cream and bring to a slight boil.
4. Add salt & pepper, stir.
5. Remove pasta from water, drain, and add to butter/cream sauce.
6. Drizzle the egg yolks over the pasta and toss thoroughly.
7. Add the grated cheese and toss thoroughly, serve immediately.