Top 5 Predictions For 2012
Overview: Our annual tradition of compiling a list of everything that will happen in the coming 12 months begins anew. In past years we have correctly predicted the astonishing death toll as a result of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, Hillary Clinton not becoming president, and the building of a water park in Iraq.
Criteria: Anything that we want to predict will happen in calendar year 2012; the rankings are meaningless as every prediction counts.
Rob's Notes: I’m on a 3 year role of having scored 6 or more of my predictions! I admit, in this world, it’s actually getting easier to predict things because the unthinkable seems to occur everyday
Arnie's Notes: N/A
Rob's Top 5 -
|Arnie's Top 5 -|
5. None of the following alleged sports powerhouses will win championships in calendar year 2012: Green Bay Packers, Miami Heat, Miami Marlins.
4. The Supreme Court will rule the individual mandate unconstitutional, effectively killing Obamacare.
3. America will set a record for most number of suicides in one year caused by the continued horrible economy, bullying, massive numbers of active military returning home to a crappy country, and hysteria over the world ending in December.
2. Dawn and Arnie’s combined weight (approximately 515 today) will, on June 20, 2012, be at or below 450 pounds.
1. My most hated prediction ever and I hope I am wrong: Through both a major crisis and/or conflict with Iran and perhaps North Korea (causing a rallying around the flag effect), combined with multiple strong third party candidates (Gary Johnson as Libertarian, the Americans-Elect candidate and maybe even Ron Paul), combined with the Republican candidate being horrible (AKA MITT ROMNEY), President Obama is re-elected. And the world cries.
Animal flu hysteria will return with a vengeance this year, most notably bird flu in Asia
“The Dark Knight Rises” passes Avatar to become the biggest grossing movie ever
The following TV shows will be cancelled: Conan O Brien, Glee, Xfactor (it will be on in September again, but will not be renewed for 2013)
Meryl Streep and George Clooney win the Oscars for best acting
Admittedly self-serving, but I believe it to be true: Man jewelry will make a comeback for heterosexual men; it will start with bracelets and man rings. Necklaces will be last.
The epidemic scandal of the year will involve underage teens posting internet sex videos of themselves at alarming rates. States will be forced to begin charging the parents and the teens themselves with child porn distribution to stem the tide
An American landmark (defined as a state capital, tourist attraction or historical place of importance) is destroyed by either terrorist attack or natural disaster
5. A memeber of the show will have major surgery
4. A BIG ASS terrorist plot in America will be stopped
2. There will be a cure for Arthritis