Top 5 Worst Things About Prom
Overview: It’s that time of the year again; every pimply-faced rat in town rents a limo and dresses out of their league for one night of debauchery.
Criteria: We can list either things from the perspective of going to prom, or hating prom nights now that we’re adults.
Rob's Notes: Both of my proms were awesome. Senior prom was held in San Francisco and ended in a hotel room in Monterey, where my best friend and I had driven a car to the day before (A limo took us there that night, of course). What in the world is there to bitch about that? Now that’s I’m an adult, however…
Arnie's Notes: N/A
Rob's Top 5 -
|Arnie's Top 5 -|
5. Prom “after-parties” held at the school or similarly lame locations. Similar to “grad night” parties these are lame ways to try to stop kids from having fun, and only dorks attend.
4. Idiotic, overprotective parents that forget what prom is about, (which is having fun without adults around) and host after-parties at their house for their kids and their friends. Oh, that’s fun…sitting around in a tux, drinking Capri-Sun and watching Nick-at-Night.
3. Loser kids that don’t take a limo. Driving your dad’s Corvette is not cool, it shows you’re cheap.
2. Idiotic, overprotective parents that forget what prom is about, (which is having fun and making stupid teenage mistakes) who don’t let their kids stay out all night. Let your kids (who are on the verge of becoming adults) have some fun.
1. Idiotic parents who pay for their kids’ proms. Teach them to earn it if it’s that’s important, further empowering them to become adults in life.
All of the girls trying to make sure not one of them is wearing the same dress (in this day and age they all facebook the dress they buy and then threaten anyone who dares buy the same one. Classy).
Dresses that are gags…like made from the school newspaper. Har har.
Parents who make you take awkward photos in the house before leaving and then lecture your limo driver to “take care of their baby.”
The “parties of 20” teens of who show up on Saturday nights at the only nice restaurants in town and slow down service for everyone else while taking turns going to the bathroom to either guzzle shots from tiny bottles of liquor or hold each other’s hair while they vomit.
5.Stupid kids going to chain restaurants
4. ALL the damn pictures