About 1 pound fresh pizza dough (most high end grocery stores sell them now)
1 15 ounce can pizza sauce
About 6 ounces of shredded cheese of choice
About 6 ounces meat of choice
2 vegetables of choice (1 medium white onion sliced, 6 ounces mushrooms perhaps)
Freshly chopped basil or oregano if desired
Extra virgin olive oil
1. On a wooden working surface, like a cutting board, sprinkle some flour and pound your dough into a flat, round pie
2. Brush a thin layer of olive oil on one side
3. Preheat gas grill to 500 degrees, then lower heat to medium
4. I suggest prepping all of your toppings now, so they are ready to go in a few minutes. Slice everything, get it ready.
5. Place oiled side of dough onto the preheated grill grate and close the BBQ lid.
6. After 25 seconds, rotate the dough ½ turn and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
7. Flip the pie and grill for an additional 30 seconds
8. Remove the pie from the grill, leave grill cooking on low heat
9. Top your pizza as follows: Sauce (layered thin using a flat spatula), cheese, one veggie, meat, veggies, herb
10. Place pizza back on grill and cook, cover closed, for 2 minutes.
11. Check pizza toppings. It will take an additional 1-3 minutes for cheese to melt properly and toppings to reach desired doneness
12. Remove pizza from grill and allow to rest at room temperature for 3-5 minutes before slicing. I suggest a fresh drizzle of olive oil and perhaps a sprinkling of Romano cheese on top